Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moments 1



The rain is starting to fall ever so lightly outside as I stand in a bright red Physical Education shirt with my name shyly written in the corner, where it should be. Filing out through hunter green double doors, I am joined by the rest of the class, moaning and groaning about the cold weather and the wearing of shorts. We are to be running five and a half laps around the tilted, hilly parking lot and bus drop off, as for some odd reason our slightly eerie gym teacher has decided that we are not good enough to be running on the rocky, rust colored track. I look to my left, where the sun is shining behind someone I find an unusual interest in. He is walking towards me, focused on something beyond me that I can not be bothered to turn to see. The sun behind him shadows and obscures the majority of his light face, causing his angled jaw look sterner and more rigid than it truly is in reality. The lighting makes him look older, stronger, worn by days of work and pull of life itself. His long, jagged hair, normally black in the sun, glows in a chestnut halo, framing his face. Someone on the right of him catches his attention, making him snap out of his distant daze and look up with a jolt. The youth and light has returned to his dark, orb like eyes as he is given a playful shove by a taller, bigger friend. I turn away, lost in thought as the teacher blows the whistle for everyone to congregate around his clipboard. Someone begins to speak, and the thoughts are lost, gone, perished.

No comments: